Monday thru Friday
Time: 9:15 am – 10:05 am
Ages and Stages Recommendation: 3rd Year Campers and Up
- Requirement 7: Do the following-
- a. Take part in three orienteering events. One of these must be a cross-country course.*
- b. After each event, write a report with (1) a copy of the master map and control description sheet, (2) a copy of the route you took on the course, (3) a discussion of how you could improve your time between control points, and (4) a list of your major weaknesses on this course . Describe what you could do to improve.
- Requirement 9: Act as an official during an orienteering event. This may be during the running of the course you set up for requirement 8.
What to bring:
- Waterproof shoes or Boots
Requirements: Click Here! This page also provides links to information regarding certain requirements, which should prove to be helpful in preparing to take this merit badge at camp. This site offers reference sources in and below the requirements in order to make answering the questions easier. Scouts should use these resources to become more familiar with the material, and be better prepared for the class.